Saturday, January 29, 2011

My First Zoya Polishes

I recently picked up a couple of polishes from the brand Zoya from their 2010 Fire and Ice collection thanks to a promotion on Facebook they were having. I decided to pick polishes that I normally would never wear which are from the glitter family. I'm not a big fan of the whole sparkle and glitter but since they were free I thought why not. Another thing that made me want polish from Zoya is because these polishes are  free of toluene, formaldehyde, DBP (phthalates) and camphor. These toxins have been linked to cancer and many other allergic reactions that are unsafe for people with asthma and that may be pregnant. Big plus...Some may say that Zoya is not creative when it comes to naming there polishes. Evey bottle is named after just a name. I think its a great idea your name could be the next nail color. I'm still waiting to see what color my name will be. I have found a Lexi but let's see if they will name on after my government name. Anyway please excuse the crappy pictures. I'm still learning how to take good pictures of my nails to capture the essence of the color. Its work in the making. 


The first color I polished my nails is called Valerie. I have seen many swatches of this color and its more dark purple than I see but then again this may be because of the lighting and my GREAT camera skills..right! There is a hint of gold that pops in the right light. I was surprised to see more polish than glitter which is a plus for me cause again not a fan of the glitters. On my nails more red appeared than purple but the color matched the bottle dead on.


This one has to be my favorite because my favorite color is blue. This color is called Crystal. I don't really enjoy the name but the color is wonderful. You can really see the gold popping out of this color. The color reminds me of Ice.


Overall, these colors are awesome they have a foil effect that looks really smooth with a metal finish. Iridescent tones shout out of this polish in the best light. Zoya has made me become a huge fan. Thumbs up to Zoya.

2 comments:

  1. I bought Crystal too. It looks so pretty! I shpuld be getting mine in a few days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed that a lot of people picked colors from the fire and ice collection. So I guess it is pretty popular.

    ReplyDelete